Saturday, November 26, 2016

How I helped my ex get a tattoo!!

T1 is the place where I stay, T2 is my hometown and T3 is the place where she was doing her posting.

I still remember her telling me that she couldn’t keep up with our relationship anymore. After all the quarrels and discussions about still being together, she decided to nail a goodbye note on my forehead one early morning. Her message had made me totally numb. I could do nothing but live with the memories of the cold hearted. I hopelessly tried to reach to her in every possible way but she wouldn't receive my phone calls or reply any of my messages, and had blocked me from every social networking sites. As the days passed by, all the memories from our 8 months long relationship were hitting me to the bones. I could still remember how I had proposed her, and the places we had been on our dates, the gifts we had exchanged, our first kiss and the last goodbye she had bidden me.
It was almost a year since the last time I had a real talk with her. A couple of months went quite rough upon me as I kept looking at her pictures, and stalked her on social media. Rest of the months I learned a lot about love and life, and kept moving on. Suddenly one day on her birthday, I texted her 'Happy Birthday' on the 4th of November just to remind her that I once existed for her but I don't think she gave a rat's ass about me. She just replied 'Thank You' with a smiley. I was continuously gazing over my phone screen if she would text me further but my wait wasn't worth a reply. The next day I started a casual conversation with her hoping that she would start talking to me again, but that didn't happen. Every single time chatting with her was like getting answers to the questions I had asked her. One day I asked her why she had blocked me on Facebook. (I couldn't say that I would just love seeing her photographs if she just were a friend on Facebook.) On the very day, she unblocked me from her profile. I was like so happy and started making stories of my own. I thought she unblocking me might mean that she was single then or might still want me or might be regretting to have lost me. All of them died inside my stupid mind at the moment I saw her boyfriend's comment on her pictures. I wasn’t sure if I should block her again. And from then, days went by looking at her profile and liking her activities on Facebook. Half a year had passed doing all of them, and the remaining half was quite comfortable without any stalking and old bittersweet memories.
 
As I was already back on track in my life, my vacation again brought her in front of me. I was having a 43 days’ vacation after sophomore year at the University. There was a late plan to chill out with buddies so I traveled back home (T2) to spend some time with my family and get into the family business. Dad always encouraged me to get my hands into business as he says, ‘Business is the ultimate future'. Sitting at the office wasn't the fun that I had in my mind. Half of my day would pass with cellphone on my hand and the remaining half seemed like years to pass. One day as I was scrolling through my Facebook, I saw her friend’s post attending a marriage ceremony around my hometown. The post was a week old, so I decided to text her. She was earlier in T2 but then in T3 for two months. Our conversations would be really short as we both were feeling awkward to talk after so long. As time passed by, we started talking more. I called her once or twice and she did too. I was already falling for her again but I knew she was not thinking about "we" this time. However, one day I asked about her relationship status, and knowing that she was single made me a happy child. We would never bring up our past much in between the talks.
(One day)

Me: Hey 🙂
She: How are you doing?
Me: Fine, what about you?
She: I am fine too.
She: Heard you got a tattoo.
Me: Yeah.
She: You never told me, let me have a look.
Me: (sent her a picture) Incomplete tho.
She: Wow that's nice.
Me: I thought you wanted to get inked too.
She: Yes, where did you get yours?
Me: In T1 itself, I could take you. (With a hope to meet her)
She: Sure when I finish my posting here in T3.
(I looked at that message a hundred times, pinched myself and did everything to make that sure I wasn't dreaming.)
Me: Okay 🙂
We kept on talking daily. I asked her to visit T2 on weekends but she couldn't because of her busy schedule. I could not also travel all the way to T3 without making a proper excuse to my parents. So, I waited for two long months to pass as quickly as it can. 
 
She finally came back to T1 after finishing her posting and texted me. We met the next day, and I had already started to fall in love with her again. She looked more beautiful than before. The day just went normal. Later that day, she asked me to get an appointment for her at the ink shop. I called the place where I had got inked before and reserved a date for her first tattoo. After two days, I picked her from her hostel and took her to get inked. I was very happy that I was spending time with her. I didn't even know what she was going to put on her skin until we met in the tattoo shop. It was an infinity sign with Dad and Mom written with it. As she finished the process and came out of the tattoo room, she showed me her hand with the tattoo. She was so happy. She ran towards me. I could feel my heart beating faster as she came nearer with time. She gave me a hug and kissed my cheek. It all happened within a fraction of time and she got no reaction from me. I was standing in front of her like a statue, and she was happy looking at her fresh tattoo.
 
As I approached towards her to give a kiss on her lips, the background turned quite blurry and everything started to fall apart. I realized that she wasn't there at all in front of me. I touched my cheek and tried to feel the remains of her kiss. There she was standing at a distance from me, showing me her tattoo. I smiled at her keeping my hand at that very cheek. I felt so stupid at that time to have dreamt such a wonderful and an unattainable moment.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Would love to read the rest of it (if there's any).
    2. And If it's about you, I waana who she is and if she is someone I know :P
    3) We should meet someday, bro! A fifa game or a football night would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure bro, will post the rest part soon. And yes it's totally about me. :D
      You can contact me anytime bro :)
      Thank you :)

      Delete